In 2020, the company Bellapart and the research group AMADE launched a Chair on Light Structures and Glass at the University of Girona: “Càtedra Bellapart d’Estructures Lleugeres i Vidre”. Bellapart is an expert in the design and construction of steel and glass structures, façades, and complex building envelopes made from glass, steel, aluminum and other high-tech materials. In the frame of Bellapart’s Chair, the company offers a scholarship for a student of the Master of Science in “Mechanics of Materials and Structures” (MMS), which fully covers the tuition fees of 60 ECTS (whole registration on MMS; administrative fees excluded). Bellapart company is an expert in the design and construction of bespoke steel and glass structures, façades, and complex building envelopes made from glass, steel, aluminum and other high-tech materials.
The candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Pre-registered in the master MMS.
- Have paid the fee corresponding to the academic services for university master’s degrees, in accordance with the current price decree for the academic services of Catalan public universities.
- Have been accepted to study the master’s degree in Mechanics of Materials and Structures.
The following items will be considered:
- Excellent academic record (based on the equivalent average rate to the Spanish).
- Professional experience.
- Documented fluency in multiple languages.
If needed, pre-selected candidates will be interviewed by Bellapart.
The grant will be subjected to the following compromises:
- Develop the master thesis in one of the topics proposed by Bellapart in Bellapart Headquarters.
On-line application deadline: 17/09/2021 (23:59 CET). IMPORTANT: for those students who are unable to make use of the electronic registration, they must complete the application and delegate the submission to the electronic registration to grantMMS@bellapart.com, 24 hours in advance of the application deadline.
For more details, please check the official announcement of the grant (unfortunately, the document is written in the Catalan language. Please, use an automatic translator to follow the text of the call).